Toronto based pop singer-songwriter Amir Brandon is grabbing international attention for his authentic songwriting and innovative covers. With an extraordinary voice and melodic sensibility, Amir’s music continues to receive acclaim from music tastemakers and fans.
He has received placements through FM radio (i.e. CBC Radio One, 105.9 The Region and more), TV (Netflix’s Cobra Kai, Disney’s PJ Masks, The Young & The Restless), major Spotify playlists (New Music Friday Canada, It’s a Bop and more), the Toronto Pan Am Games, and Toronto’s Nuit Blanche. Additionally, Toronto’s LGBTQ community has not only been a great support system for Amir personally, but has also opened up doors to performance opportunities and a special connection with its members.
As a first-generation Canadian born to immigrant parents from the Middle-East, Amir understands the challenges of building upon dreams from scratch. He also understands the valuable opportunity he has been granted to pursue music in Canada, where it comparatively would not have been possible if his parents had not immigrated. His drive for success is a testament to Canada’s culturally diverse music landscape, and his music is an inspirational platform for young artists walking a similar path.
• Endorsed by top charting Billboard artist JoJo on live stream showcase, performing for an international audience of 10,000 on her live stream.
• Live performance with rapper Taboo (Black Eyed Peas) at private event.
• Headlining performer at Canadian Music Week.
• Headlining performer at the We’re Funny That Way LGBTQ Festival, performing in Toronto, Ontario and featured on National TV through CBC Gem.
• Headlining Youth Day Performer at Yonge & Dundas Square in Toronto.
• Songwriter & Vocalist for the 2015 Toronto Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.
• Performer, Songwriter & Co-Producer for “Rapid-Eye Movement,” a multi-arts show at Toronto’s Nuit Blanche and Summerworks Festival.